Here are the most frequently asked questions of Video Visit:
1. I cannot see my patient in the waiting or my patient cannot see me from the camera
* Make sure you already view the tips videos of Video visit checklist
If you can’t see your patient (or your patient can’t see you), select the refresh button
Then select the video visit pop-up window, which is found in the bottom right corner of the screen
*You may do this as many times as necessary.
Also, make sure both you and your patient enable the camera from the browser:
You will need to select the Share Selected Devices button if the pop-up window shows up.
2. Was my patient disconnected during the video visit?
If your patient was disconnected during your video visit, you will receive a message telling you your patient/client disconnected from the video visit.
You will see the message that your patient is offline, you can wait for a few minutes until your patient is back online or you can call your patient.
Once your patient is back online, you will need to select the Restart Visit button to restart the visit.
Note: You have 5 minutes to reconnect with the patient before the visit ends.
3. I cannot get my camera to work through live chat/video visit feature
If you cannot get your camera to work while starting a live chat from the dashboard or conducting a video visit and find the message below from your browser:
The quick solution will be to close all open tabs on the browser and restart the application again then everything will be back online. Another quick solution will be rebooting your laptop or desktop, you will quickly get back online.
4. I received a message telling me "Network Error".
If you received this message, check your network connectivity by running a pre-call test : https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/
If your upload and download speed is more than the Bandwidth requirements below, then your network connection is back to normal.
- Video: 300 kb/s
- Audio: 50 kb/s
If your network connectivity is down, please call your patients and let them know.
5. Is there a way to start a visit earlier?
Video visits can be started no more than 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. You can find more details from our Video Visit Quick Start Guide page.
6. I can’t view my video assessment clip in the “O” section of the SOAP note.
You will need to minimize the video visit screen
Make sure you have created a favorite list by adding your own content or content from the BlueJay Library.
7. I cannot hear my patients or my patients cannot hear me.
If you cannot hear your patients - Make sure your patient enables the microphone on his/her device :
iOS Device - Go to Settings > BlueJay Engage, make sure the microphone is enabled
Android Device - Go to Settings > Apps > BlueJay Engage
Select Permission > Make sure microphone is enabled
8. If your patients only can hear you through earphones -
The situation sounds like a faulty earphone plug - i.e. the device's detecting an earphone even though there isn't one plugged in.
Solution - Rebooting the device (pressing power and home button simultaneously for 7sec.) then the problem should be resolved.
9. How do I send a video to the patient during video visit/live chat?
Step1 : Click on the "O" (Objective Note) session > Send Video clips > click on the dropdown list
Step2 : There are 2 ways to upload/share videos with your patients during the video visit.
- Upload/share videos via BlueJay Assessment clips
- Upload/share videos via "My Library" : If you would like to use your own video list, make sure you have created a favorite list by adding your own content or the videos from the BlueJay library
Step3: Select the video list, then click on the image of the video, then the video will send to the patient.